Monday, September 29, 2008

Rollercoaster week

This week will be one of those that we'll look back on and try to figure out how we got through it.

My grandfather passed away Saturday morning. He has been going downhill for the past few months; honestly, since my grandma passed away on New Years Day 2007. He had lived a full life of 92 years, being married over 65 of those...

So, I just got the rental car and we're driving the 7+ hours up to my parent's today/tonight. Today is Amber's birthday ... it stinks she has to be stuck in a car all day for that. Hopefully, I can make it up to her soon. She wouldn't have it any other way though. The funeral is tomorrow and we'll drive back on Wednesday. Amber and I will work on Thursday and Friday and then fly out to Baltimore Friday night for my cousin's wedding Saturday. We fly back Sunday afternoon and back to work on Monday.

Whew.

It's even a bigger rollercoaster for my cousin getting married and his family as he, his mom (my aunt), and his sister drove out yesterday (I think) to Chicago and then driving back Tuesday night to get back for the wedding. His dad has been going through chemo for cancer. God's hand has been on him and he's doing relatively well but PLEASE pray for my Uncle Dave for complete healing from his cancer.

Also, please pray for safety of everyone traveling, for peace for my family, and for my cousin's wedding. Thank you.

I know that my grandpa is complete and whole now. I also know that my grandpa is happy to see his bride :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Wow, that sounds like a lot. Isn't it great that Jesus is our Prince of Peace even when the world around us is out of control.