Has another month already gone by? It’s so hard to believe, but Saylor is six months old today! We are growing more in love with her with each passing day, and I am so grateful that she is home for Christmas this year. I truly can’t think of a better gift! Below, I have listed out changes and progress she has made during the past month.
1. Right after Thanksgiving, she transitioned from the pack-n-play in our room to her crib in her nursery. She has done amazing with the transition, and I know her crib has to be so much more comfortable than the pack-n-play. She is also SOOO close to sleeping through the night which is wonderful. We made a commitment to work hard on sleep training this month since I return to work in January, and she is doing great!(and no we are not letting her cry it out in case you are wondering:)
2. She is growing! She had her 6 month well baby check up today, and she now weighs 16 pounds which puts her in the 55 percentile! She is also 25.5 inches long which puts her at the 34 percentile(up from 8 percentile a little over a month ago).
3. She is now eating solids 2x/day, and she loves everything we give her. So far, she has had avocado, bananas, butternut squash, apples, pears, green beans, and sweet potatoes. She also loves trying to drink water from a cup even though half of it ends up on her clothes.
4. She is sitting independently without support, rolling everywhere, and she is attempting to get her knees beneath her on her belly
5. Her newest skill she learned this week is waving ‘hi’ and ‘bye’ to people. We all get a kick out of it!
6. This isn’t new, but she uses her very loud screech/scream with increased frequency lately! Troy and I are trying to determine if this is what other adoptive parents have referred to as the ‘Ethiopian’ scream!
I think that is a pretty good summary for this month. I will leave you with a few pictures as always.
It’s hard to see her shirt here, but it says “ Let there be peace on earth and cupcakes!” This picture makes me laugh because the way she is laying makes her look like she has had a few cupcakes herself:)
She is dressed and ready to go watch Silas in his Christmas program. Also, I have to add that I finally found some shoes to fit her feet. They are TINY and these are newborn shoes(I know she doesn’t really need shoes at this age, but they do complete the outfit don’t you think?)
I finally remembered to take a 6 month picture as I was putting her to bed tonight. This isn’t the best picture, but at least it’s a memory! Happy 6 months Saylor! We love you more than you will ever know!
“Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven” Henry Ward Beecher