Sunday, April 8, 2012

He is Risen!

We have had such a fun weekend celebrating the Resurrection of our Lord!  After obsessing over being number one on the list for our referral, it was great to have a weekend to truly put things back into perspective.  God revealed to me that anything, ANYTHING that is put before him is an idol and I think I have been guilty of doing that over the past couple of weeks.  I have really been praying that I would daily, intentionally allow Jesus to hold the preeminent place in my life.  Once I do this, everything else just falls into place.  So, we spent the past couple of days celebrating JESUS and the fact that He is Risen! 

April2012 001

We started off dying a few Easter eggs

April2012 004

So proud of himself!

April2012 005

Yesterday, we headed to a local farm that had an Easter celebration event for children.  We started off with a little egg hunt

April2012 006

Doesn’t Silas looked thrilled to have his picture taken?

April2012 007

He’s a little bit happier here with daddy

April2012 014

Silas feeding some of the animals

April2012 016

Some of the sheep got into the Easter Egg Dye;)

April2012 020

The barrel train was a hit once again.  We had to do this ride twice!

April2012 024

Silas did a few slides on his own, and then we did this one together.

 

April2012 025

Silas was mad about something here so daddy decided to have a mad face with him; however, Silas didn’t quite see the humor in it:)

April2012 026

He has always loved to swing, and a horse swing was right up his alley!

April2012 028

Love this one!  Pure joy!

April2012 030

We couldn’t leave without getting in a hug for the Easter Bunny!

April2012 031

He had to milk the cows too.

April2012 032

One last picture to wrap up a wonderful day.  The weather was perfect, and we had wonderful family time!

April2012 033

This morning, Silas awoke to find this on our kitchen table.  I had to chuckle because we don’t really talk about the Easter Bunny a whole lot at our house.  When he saw the basket, he said “ Did the Easter thing bring me that mama?”. 

April2012 034

He was happy!

April2012 035

All smiles!

April2012 

Then it was off to church to celebrate our Risen Lord!  I don’t know what I was thinking, but I didn’t get any pictures of Silas dressed up for church.  Thankfully, Troy snapped one on his phone.  I think he looks way to grown up here!

April2012 036

After church, lunch, and a nap, we headed outside to hunt for eggs.

April2012 037 

He didn’t care to much about hunting the eggs.  He just wanted to eat them.  They were real, hard-boiled eggs which he loves!

April2012 038

Success!

April2012 039

During the course of the weekend, we also added another ornament to our Lent Tree.  The Lent Tree was a new tradition we started this year.  I learned about it at my friend Andrea Young’s blog.  I have loved doing this with our family, and you can learn more about it here.

So, we had a whirlwind of a weekend, but I always love opportunities to celebrate what Jesus did for us!  He is Risen!  He is Risen Indeed!

6 He is not here; He has risen, just as He said.  Matthew 28:6

No comments: