Monday, April 23, 2012

1 month at #1

It just hurt my heart to type the title of this blog.  Yesterday marked 21 months at being on the waitlist, and today is 1 month at being #1 for the referral of our daughter.  I have to admit that this spot on the waitlist is by far the most exhausting.  Every weekday, I wake up and think “Could this be the day?”, and as the day progresses my hope of getting that call diminishes.  As much as I try to not let it consume my thoughts, my human flesh takes over and it does;however, I continue to hold steadfast to the truth I know which is that God’s timing is perfect.  Regardless of how I feel, He has a plan and a purpose that is far more perfect than anything I could ever imagine.  I know when we see our daughter’s face, all of this emotional angst will melt away.  Until then, I will cling to my Creator and trust in His perfect ways because He is truly all we need.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The joy is coming! Any minute now, the joy is coming! I am praying for your hearts as the moment nears and cannot WAIT to see who God has been preparing for you!

Amy said...

I know it has to be so hard to have waited this long and then sit at #1, but I have been so encouraged by your amazing strength and light. I thought of John 16:21 when I read your post. Your anguish will soon be replaced by joy.
I can't wait to celebrate your joy.
Love ya,
Amy