Sunday, October 3, 2010

Adoption, Marathon Updates and Project 10-40

Alright, first things first.  We believe we are unofficially 61 on the waiting list which is good movement for September.  We should be getting our official numbers from AGCI in the next week or so.  We also received our FDL letter from USCIS so the US government has given us permission to bring our daughter home from Ethiopia.  That is officially the last piece of paperwork we needed so it is truly a waiting (and fundraising) game now.  This wait will be much different than the wait for Silas.  Silas is so much a little person now.  He will be 2 on the 12th which is just nuts!  It’s amazing how much he’s learning on a daily basis.

OK, the half marathon … it is less than 2 weeks away!  That’s crazy.  I did 11 miles yesterday morning in about 1:41.    As I stated on my facebook status yesterday, those are words I never thought I would utter.  I never thought I would run double digit miles at one time.  I am going to try to do 12 miles this coming weekend and then the infamous 13.1 miles on the 16th.  There are alot of praises to share…

  • My foot – I had xrays done early this summer when I first start running to show that I have bone-to-bone going on in my big toe’s joint.  It was bothering me quite a bit.  I have not had much pain at all in my toe/foot for quite a while.  HUGE PRAISE
  • Overall health – besides a strained muscle in my back and a strained muscle in my neck, I have not had any major physical issues besides being sore.  I was definitely feeling it today and my ankle is pretty sore today.
  • Time with God & daughter – the time I’ve had to spend with God and praying/thinking about our daughter has been priceless.  When you’re out there for almost 2 hours, it definitely helps encourage me to know that I’m running for our daughter
  • Sponsorship – We are at $2600 which is amazing.  We have had dozens of people sponsor me to run the marathon … this is such a humbling thing … especially for someone who has an issue with a little bit of pride.  I am so thankful for so many people joining us to bring our daughter home and for her to be an orphan NO MORE!

The goal for the marathon was $3000 so we are just $400 away from that … so, if we can get 40 people to donate $10 or more, we will hit or exceed the goal.  So, here we are with Project 10-40.  $10 (or more) for 40 people = goal met.  If you feel led to give, thank you!  Every dollar is put into a separate account that is only used for our adoption expenses.

Alright, will leave you with some Silas pictures.  Last weekend, we went to a pumpkin farm and Silas had a great time.  He rode a little ride with Amber, did a hayride with me, fed some goats, gotta ‘drive’ an old tractor picked out a pumpkin,

SilasHay

Silas going through a hay maze all by himself … was proud of him :)

SilasMomma

Momma and Silas riding the ‘train’ … he was yelling ‘CHOO-CHOO’ for this picture.  He LOVES trains.  The guy driving the tractor for this asked me if I wanted to ride with him.  I asked him if he had any grease to get me out of the can.  Let’s just say we chose Amber to ride with Silas….

SilasPumpkin

In a typical fall picture setting…

SilasPumpkin3

In a sea of pumpkins…

SilasPumpkin2

Kid loved being out with the pumpkins

SilasTractor

Boy loves tractors as well … pretty much anything with an engine and a steering wheel.

Alright, that’s all I got tonight :) … thanks for joining us on this journey!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love the pictures and the update.
Blessings,
Amy

Tisha Alexander said...

Picking out pumpkins in shorts! Gotta love the south!! :) Cute pictures.

Sarah said...

I know- Lots of movement this month! I think we are 59 or 58 (I am not sure if that last girl was counted or not). Either way- woohoo!

Alison said...

Love all the movement on the list...I think we got the girl list at just the right time! :) Love the cute pumpkin pictures!!