Monday, November 3, 2008

Good News

I got an email from Kim, our social worker, that AGCI approved our home study! This has been a patience-item for Amber and I ... we've been waiting 2 weeks for this to occur. Kim said that she'll have all the signatures, notary, etc tomorrow and that she could get it in the mail. I told her it may be worth my time to drive up to get it ... not that I don't trust the USPS ... well, I don't want it to take the scenic route around Nashville before it gets here. So, in theory, if I get it tomorrow, Amber could take it to get copies and mail off our dossier on Wednesday, her day off. I think we are just so excited to get on the waiting list ... we know that's probably a longer process than what we've experience thus far, but at least we'll be making progress rather than just waiting around.

If you get the chance, please listen to this sermon from our pastor this past weekend ... he hit a grand slam on it. Listen to the current sermon, The Church in the World at http://wochurch.org/resources_sermons.htm.

I spent the better part of this afternoon and evening doing the first heavy sanding of my drywall mudding in the living room. It is a full work zone. Dust is throughout the house and it's already stressing Amber out. She's "encouraging" me to get the sanding done as soon as I can. We're meeting a couple in our town tomorrow night for coffee to talk about our adoption experience with AGCI. They are in process of making an agency choice and we're excited to share the journey God has us on. Wednesday is Bible Study so the first time I'll get back to the 2nd coat of mudding is Thursday night. Thursday and Friday will be mudding, Saturday will be sanding with a skim coat hopefully going on Saturday as well. Sunday will be the final sanding. At least that's the plan for now. Below are a couple pics....

This is what it looked like before...


Now ... no more wood!


Work Zone!


Plastic, plastic everywhere...


Amber always thinks it's hilarious to see me covered in dust ... I guess she's thinking what I'll look like with gray hair...


4 comments:

Three2Five said...

I can't wait for you guys to get a number. Hey thanks for sharing your political views you are right on!!!! Unfortunately we will not have a president that aligns with those views. We do have a God that is bigger than our president so I take much comfort in that!

Unknown said...

Loved all your pix! It looks like you're having lots of fun! I remember hiking Clingman's Dome; it was cold when we were there, too!

I enjoyed reading (and agreeing with) your "election" post. I struggled knowing who to vote for - Bob Barr or John McCain. It's certainly not going to be boring here in the USA for a while! We have lots to pray about including our president-elect.

So happy to hear your good news! Thank you God that you give Amber and Troy all the patience they need!

emilyspeech said...

Way to go Troy on the house...poor Amber with all the dust!!!

Anonymous said...

You all and your house projects give me hope that Brad and I can soldier through ours! lol Seriously, I have seen your house through the years and it keeps looking better and better. Can't wait to see it finished :)