Monday, September 10, 2012

lately….

We have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of this date:

 

SEPTEMBER

On this date, our birth family embassy appointment will be held.  If everything goes smoothly, we could be cleared to bring Saylor home at the very end of this month or early October.  Please join us in praying that every detail falls into place that day, and that we would receive our adoptive family embassy appointment shortly thereafter. 

We had a fun playdate with good friends that we had not seen for awhile even though they only live about a mile from us!

September 2012 001

 

Mammaw came down for a last minute visit over Labor Day weekend.  Silas always enjoys having her visit, and we appreciated the help she provided with Saylor’s  nursery.

September 2012 002

 

As I alluded to above, Troy and I have been finishing up Saylor’s nursery.  I know you are thinking we have had PLENTY of time to work on it, but yes we procrastinated. In Troy’s defense, he has been so patient with all my crazy Pinterest and Etsy ideas that I wanted to incorporate into her room.  I hope to do a blog post with pictures in the next couple of weeks. 

September 2012 003

 

We celebrated the Ethiopian New Year at a local Ethiopian restaurant with good friends last night.  It was so much fun and the workers got a kick out of Silas’ Amharic words he was trying out on them.  I was proud of him because he ate everything we ordered this time although the injera was by far his favorite!

September 2012 004

September 2012 005

Thanks for checking in on us, and I pray you have a blessed week.  Please remember to keep all the 9/11 victims and their families in your prayers tomorrow.  “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:6-7

2 comments:

michelle said...

We are praying on for an interview to happen and all to go well for the very same date at the Embassy and for travel back to ET same time frame for our two kiddos. Will add you to our prayers...
michelle
ouraftricanbundleofjoy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

Thanks and have a great day!