Monday, May 28, 2012

May We Never Forget

May 2012 021

I love this picture for so many reasons.  It is my brother at the Operation Iraqi Freedom Welcome Home Ceremony in Honor of the 101st Airborne Division(Air Assault) in February 2004.  He is hugging his niece, Kennedy, for the first time after being away for a year.  This picture is a simple reminder of the numerous sacrifices that were and continue to be made so that I can enjoy the many freedoms I have here in America. I pray that I will never take it for granted, and I pray I can instill this same gratitude towards our soldiers(and their families) past and present, in our children.  Please take time to lift up a prayer for all of those fighting on our behalf today. 

“The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten."
   - Calvin Coolidge

1 comment:

Amy said...

This is such a beautiful picture. I am so thankful for our service men and women as well as their families.
Blessings,
Amy