Alot has been going on recently that I may get into soon ... let's just say there are SICK people in this world. Satan is REAL and attacks people who are following God's will for their lives ... ok, enough of that for now...
So 14 months ... our boy turned 14 months old on Saturday ... that is crazy. He is walking everywhere ... personality is coming out more and more each day. He has 7 teeth now and saying quite a few words (hi, bye, shoes, mama, dada, choo-choo, hot, more) ... some in Silas-speak but they're there nonetheless...
So 6 months ... 6 months tomorrow we will have met Silas for the first time at Hannah's Hope ... that is even CRAZIER! 6 months we've been together ... it doesn't seem possible that it's been that long but it also seems like he's been with us forever. I am so thankful for the family God has given us... Silas, you fill our lives with unspeakable JOY!
So ... Mommy wrote 14 things in your journal that we love about you, Silas...
- You are walking everywhere and FAST
- How you maneuver your ride-on toys to use them as step stools for climbing on everything
- How you continue to eat most everything and LOTS of it
- Your understanding of verbal commands - amazing
- How you like to have daddy 'chase' you and you run to mommy laughing when he does
- The way you are behaving so well by not touching the Christmas tree & presents
- The way you increase the loudness of your voice for anything sweet to eat
- How you wave 'bye' to the water when your bath is done
- Your increased attention span when books are read to you
- How you are taking your TB medicine alone with no fussing (used to put it in your bottle)
- You no longer take bottles and drink whole milk and water now
- Your excitement for Thomas the Train
- The way you "meow" like the stray cat on our deck
- The huge smile you have when the Christmas lights get turned on
Silas, we love you buddy ... we thank God every day for you, your life, and what He has in store for you...
And pretty much an unedited video tour of our house following Silas around...the boy is definitely keeping us entertained and always on the go ... as long as we can hear him, we know he's alright ... it's when he gets all quiet is when we need to see what he's into. :)