Saturday, December 26, 2009
The past 6 months have been crazy wonderful ... and crazy busy. Since coming home with Silas, time has been a precious commodity. With too many irons in the fire, I have been strategically trying to move some of them out. Honestly, easier said than done. One iron got pulled out this past week as I sold a rental house to the tenants and am very happy about that. I have a couple side internet projects that I'm hoping to wrap up in the next couple/few weeks. The daytime job is ... well, let's just say there is a reason they call it WORK. But the biggest thing that has been on the radar for the past few months has been....
The 1:27 Call is a nonprofit orphan care ministry that we have started with a few other families. It is absolutely amazing the people God has brought together for this endeavor. We are currently praying/planning/budgeting for 2010. Our 4 areas of focus will be local involvement, church engagement, adoption advocacy, and international care and support. I have been swimming in Articles of Incorporations, IRS forms for 501(c)(3) status, Directors & Officer Insurance, General Liability Insurance, Board Member bylaws, etc, etc, etc. It's been a learning experience to say the least. I'm glad to say most of the admin stuff is behind us and now the 'real' work can begin. We did have our first event on December 3rd ... we were able to host and sponsor a Christmas party for our county's foster care children. It was amazing ... and you can read more about the party here.
Our website will continue to get updated as well as our Facebook group. If you have a heart for the orphan, join our facebook group and check back on our website soon as we will have 2010's Programs and Events. If you're interested in joining our efforts, contact us! We can't wait to see how God will be glorified through all of us being the hands and feet of Jesus!
Monday, December 14, 2009
Alot has been going on recently that I may get into soon ... let's just say there are SICK people in this world. Satan is REAL and attacks people who are following God's will for their lives ... ok, enough of that for now...
So 14 months ... our boy turned 14 months old on Saturday ... that is crazy. He is walking everywhere ... personality is coming out more and more each day. He has 7 teeth now and saying quite a few words (hi, bye, shoes, mama, dada, choo-choo, hot, more) ... some in Silas-speak but they're there nonetheless...
So 6 months ... 6 months tomorrow we will have met Silas for the first time at Hannah's Hope ... that is even CRAZIER! 6 months we've been together ... it doesn't seem possible that it's been that long but it also seems like he's been with us forever. I am so thankful for the family God has given us... Silas, you fill our lives with unspeakable JOY!
So ... Mommy wrote 14 things in your journal that we love about you, Silas...
- You are walking everywhere and FAST
- How you maneuver your ride-on toys to use them as step stools for climbing on everything
- How you continue to eat most everything and LOTS of it
- Your understanding of verbal commands - amazing
- How you like to have daddy 'chase' you and you run to mommy laughing when he does
- The way you are behaving so well by not touching the Christmas tree & presents
- The way you increase the loudness of your voice for anything sweet to eat
- How you wave 'bye' to the water when your bath is done
- Your increased attention span when books are read to you
- How you are taking your TB medicine alone with no fussing (used to put it in your bottle)
- You no longer take bottles and drink whole milk and water now
- Your excitement for Thomas the Train
- The way you "meow" like the stray cat on our deck
- The huge smile you have when the Christmas lights get turned on
Silas, we love you buddy ... we thank God every day for you, your life, and what He has in store for you...
And pretty much an unedited video tour of our house following Silas around...the boy is definitely keeping us entertained and always on the go ... as long as we can hear him, we know he's alright ... it's when he gets all quiet is when we need to see what he's into. :)